U.S. Army Fort Knox
The appearance of external links on this site does not constitute official endorsement on behalf of Fort Knox, the U.S. Army or Department of Defense.
Fort Knox Facebook Rules
Welcome to Fort Knox's official Facebook page, where you will find up-to-date information about what is happening on the installation.
The Army Facebook policy and the Department of Defense Social Media User Agreement are used in operating and maintaining this information medium.
While this is an open forum, it is also family friendly.
You participate at your own risk, taking personal responsibility for your comments, your username and any information provided.
Failure to comply with any of the below guidelines will result in removal of messages and a possible ban from future participation on Fort Knox Facebook:
• Do not post graphic, obscene, explicit or racial comments . We also do not allow comments that are abusive, hateful, vindictive or intended to defame anyone or any organization.
• Do not post any solicitations (i.e.: asking users to "like" your Facebook page, visit your website, sign a petition, contribute to a fundraiser).
• Do not post advertisements, prize contests or giveaways. This includes promotion or endorsement of any financial, commercial or non-governmental agency. Similarly, we do not allow attempts to defame or defraud any financial, commercial or non-governmental agency.
• Do not post details about an ongoing investigation or legal or administrative proceeding that could prejudice the processes or could interfere with an individual's rights will be deleted from this page.
• Apparent spamming or trolling will be removed and may cause the author(s) to be blocked from the page without notice.
• Do not post copyrighted or trademarked images or graphics. Imagery posted on the Facebook wall should be owned by the user.
• Do not post comments, photos or videos that suggest or encourage illegal activity.
• Do not post political propaganda.
• Do not post documents of any kind.
• All information posted to social media sites will be unclassified. No FOUO (for official use only), classified, pre-decisional, proprietary or business-sensitive information should ever be posted or discussed on this page. Don’t post personnel lists, rosters, organization charts or directories. This is a violation of privacy.
The appearance of external links or the use of third-party applications on this site does not constitute official endorsement on behalf of the U.S. Army or Department of Defense.
For more information, visit the DoD Social Media user agreement at:
You are encouraged to quote, republish or share any content on this site on your own blog, Web site or other communication/publication. If you do so, please credit the Army unit or the person who authored the content as a courtesy.
Participation and discussion on Fort Knox Facebook are encouraged. Interactions must be carried out, however, with a shared sense of respect for all people.
When in doubt about whether to post something, ask yourself:
•Am I being helpful or detracting from the conversation?
•Would I behave this way or use this tone or language in other forums – be it formal or informal settings?
•If I were new to Fort Knox, would this make me feel welcome?
•Could this hurt somebody’s feelings?
•Calendar items marked "UNOFFICIAL" are not endorsed by the U.S. military and are posted strictly for informational purposes.
This site is intended to be useful and enjoyable.
Please post any suggestions for improvement on the Wall, and they will be given careful consideration. Thank you for visiting Fort Knox Facebook!
For more information about Fort Knox, please consider the following:
•The Gold Standard newspaper – www.fkgoldstandard.com
•Fort Knox website – http://www.knox.army.mil/
•Directorate of Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation (DFMWR) website – http://www.knoxmwr.com
•Fort Knox Welcome Center – Building 17, located on E. Bullion Boulevard in front of the Chaffee (Main) Gate