City of DeFuniak Springs Fire Department
The City of DeFuniak Springs Fire Department is responsible for providing an efficient and effective delivery of fire, medical, rescue, and life safety emergency services.
The City of DeFuniak Springs Fire Department Facebook page is created and maintained by the Fire Department Staff for the purpose of communicating with the residents and visitors we serve.
The City of DeFuniak Springs Fire Department Facebook page is provided for the community as an avenue of keeping visitors informed on current hazards, current events, inclimate weather and other such related topics. It may also be used as quick, easy and efficient way for the general public to communicate with our staff of Public Safety Professionals.
All posting of comments on this page are at the discretion of the page administrators. The intent of this policy is not to keep any negative or critical information from being posted, but to protect the privacy and rights of the staff. Naming specific employees in a negative way will not be allowed. The page administrators will review all postings to make sure they do not run afoul of the rules nor of the City of DeFuniak Springs Acceptable Use Guidelines regarding Internet access and practices.
We welcome your thoughts and comments and look forward to what you have to say. However, we will not leave postings that:
• Break the law or encourage others to do so. This includes respecting copyright and fair use laws. If you are talking about somebody else’s work, reference this or the person, and where possible include a link.
• Contain abusive or inappropriate language or statements. This includes remarks that are hateful as well as those that contain obscenities or are sexually explicit.
• Easily identify students and/or staff in defamatory, abusive, or generally negative terms.
• Do not show proper consideration for others’ privacy or are considered likely to offend or provoke others – i.e. don’t pick fights or goad others into inflammatory debates. Nobody likes a bully.
• Are spam – i.e. repeatedly posting the same comment or comments that are simply advertising/promoting a service or product. If you wouldn’t want to receive it yourself, don’t post it.
• Are political in nature.
The page administrators reserve the right to not post or to remove any comments at any time, for any reason…but we hope that will not ever be necessary. We also reserve the right to block individuals who misuse our Facebook page.
If you have a comment or would like to report an inappropriate comment for us to review, send an email to [email protected]
Please note, you can also receive e-mail and phone text messages of our updates as they are posted through the settings of your personal Facebook account.
Please keep in mind that if you do not want your comments or identifying information released in response to a public records request, DO NOT POST to this site. Instead, contact the City of DeFuniak Springs Fire Department page by phone or in writing.